█ Publications | Booklets
Globalisation Series No. 5: An Alternative View of the Southern African Development Community
The advance of SADC raises a number of questions for citizens of the member states and for workers. Some of the most important questions raised are:
– Can regional structures help to rebuild the economies of Southern Africa?
– How will SADC affect the relationship between the countries of the region
and the global economy?
– Who will benefit from regional co-operation and regional integration in
– Can regional structures help to solve the pressing problems like HIV/AIDS,
gender inequality and unemployment?
– How can workers and social movements try to ensure that SADC’s processes and structures serve the interests of the majority?
This booklet will attempt to answer these and other questions about SADC.